Waste Management and Minimisation Services
With the recent expiration of the Waste Management and Minimisation Services framework agreement, the NHS SBS Estates and Facilities Team are currently working through the final stages of the procurment for the new replacement framework agreement: 'Sustainable Healthcare Recycling & Waste Management'.
The new framework agreement has been specially developed to provide a procurement solution that is leading in its offer of a sustainable waste management providing a quick, simple, and compliant procurement route to market for a sustainable waste management centred around the principles in the waste hierarchy:
The new framework agreement places a particularly high emphasis on sustainability and will focus specifically on
• Waste reduction on site
• Local waste disposal solutions
• Reduced road Transportation
• Support the Circular Economy via waste repurposing and reuse solutions
• Engagement with local SMEs & VCSEs via NHS stakeholders to support the local economy
• Sustainable and innovative waste to energy solutions
• Added focus on sustainable food waste solutions
· Increased Waste Management Efficiency with Consultancy offer
The new Sustainable Healthcare Recycling & Waste Management framework agreement is due to go live in August 2023.
Contact the team about this framework agreement Estates and Facilities Framework Agreements Enquiry
Sign-up to hear from the Construction & Estates Procurement Solutions Team Construction & Estates Sign-up Form