Medicines Management Prescribing Decision Support Systems 2
Framework Agreement Description
This medicines management framework provides an OJEU compliant route for GPs and practice pharmacists to access a computerised system which increases the effectiveness, safety and cost effectiveness of prescribing medicines. The support system provides clear and concise suggestions of more effective, safer or cost effective medicines early in the process, when a prescriber has begun to prescribe a medicine that is deemed likely to be a suboptimal choice. The system takes into account relevant national guidance. This decision support tool for medicines management is available as a complete off the shelf package.
Framework Agreement Information
When does the framework start?
What is the aim of the framework?
Who can take advantage?
What are the benefits of using the framework?
• NHS WIDE ACCESS
• IMPROVED QUALITY OF OUTPUT
Detailed Service Offering
• Computerised support to increase the effectiveness, safety and cost effectiveness of prescribing and that works well with TPP SystmOne, EMIS Web or equivalent.
• Available as a complete off the shelf package system (COTS) with minimal customisation except for the loading of profiles and associated adjustments.
• Provides clear and concise suggestions of more effective, safer or cost effective medicines early in the process when a prescriber has begun to prescribe a medicine that is deemed likely to be a suboptimal choice, taking into account relevant national guidance.
• Enables prescribers to switch easily to the suggested medicine, at an appropriate dose and frequency if the switch suggestion is accepted
• Enables efficient management of the profile of switch suggestions and messages displayed, adding and deleting suggestions and messages, deciding whether to switch specific suggestions on or off, and refining the content of messages the system displays to prescribers.
• Allows the switch profile to be updated centrally and remotely for all user practices (i.e. visits to practices not required).
• Generates Reports to include:
- Net savings or increases of prescribing expenditure
- Acceptance and rejection rates for individual switch suggestions and for the aggregated total of switch suggestions
- Rates of prescribing for formulary and non-formulary medicines
- Reasons for prescribers' rejection of individual switch suggestions where recorded
• Incorporates Population Health Management technology into the solution to provide data that will support a contracting authority with identifying and addressing care gaps
• Training for the use of the available functionality in Medicines Optimisation available for medicines management teams
• Customer support desk
• Any other innovative elements
Principal Category Manager, Carolyn Lawton says:
"We are seeing more and more cases where CCG's across the UK are merging and are therefore wanting to consolidate their contracting for solutions such as prescribing decision technology. I am glad to see that FDB have managed to work closely with the newly formed Norfolk and Waveney CCG under our framework in order to successfully implement their prescribing decision technology solution which I'm sure will have a huge positive impact for the care of patients within this area." Read more at Norfolk and Waveney CCG signs agreement for prescribing decision tech - Health Tech News.
Which suppliers are on the medicines management framework?
|First Databank Europe Limited||Optum Health Solutions (UK) Ltd|
You might also be interested to find out more about our related frameworks:
For more framework agreements see our