Creating a home-from-home in a challenging environment
NHS Shared Business Services have provided capital procurement and project management expertise for new Mental Health Hospitals.
Significant Projects include:
5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Foundation Trust - Atherleigh Park, adult inpatients facility
Lancashire Care & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust - The Harbour adult inpatients facility
To provide ward furniture for service users that is homely and comfortable, whilst being robust and secure for challenging environments. The furniture must meet safety standards for both patient and staff in a mental health setting.
- Establishing Furniture Fixtures & Equipment (FF&E) database and forecast expenditure summary.
- Stakeholder Engagement to determine appropriate levels of security for different patient groups and furniture specifications.
- Complete Budget Management with reporting mechanisms.
- Facilitated showroom visits to stimulate ideas with a Ward furniture exhibition to maximise Trust participation and engagement.
Case Study - Mental Health Capital Projects
- Space utilisation and redesign of large complex areas with 3D plans for visualising concepts.
- Tailored interior design strategy for each clinical area and front of house waiting areas.
- Project management of the all procurement processes running extensive mini competitions via compliant NHS SBS frameworks and placing of all purchase orders.
- Management of all commissioning activities with on--site presence including receipt and distribution.
- New Facilities open on time, to client satisfaction with savings on budget between 25 30%.
- 10 Year furniture warranty via the NHS SBS framework.
- Dedicated resource and support allowing Trust staff to manage their own roles & priorities.
"The success of Atherleigh Park comes from not just the design of the building, but owes a lot to the furnishings and furniture provided."
Paul Jackson Project Manager, Atherleigh Park