Fuel Cards (Lot 3 Vehicle Solutions: Vehicle Fleet Management, Vehicle Lease/Hire and Fuel Cards)
Framework Agreement Description
The framework for fuel cards covers the provision of fuel cards for the NHS and public sector authorities. Utilising fuel cards is an efficient way to manage your fleet fuelling needs. Fleet fuel cards offer savings on fuel purchases and provide a significant reduction in administration, time and paperwork.
Find out how you could make savings on fuel purchases with this handy questions and answers guide on procuring fuel cards -.
Download the Framework Flyer
Framework Agreement Information
When does the framework run?
01 October 2018 until 30 September 2022
Who can take advantage?
NHS and Public Sector Organisations within the UK
What does the framework cover?
The purpose of this framework agreement is to enable NHS SBS customers to procure the provision of supply and management of fuel cards for the NHS and wider public sector
What are the benefits of using a fuel card?
• Savings on fuel purchases
• Significant reduction in administration time and paperwork
• Purchasing restrictions and driver/vehicle-specific cards
• VAT approved invoices outlining all transactions
• Full management information, view all transactions
• Simple payment solution for drivers, no submitting expenses claims
• Consolidated invoices, allowing for increased PO coverage as per the Lord Carter report
• Employees don't have to submit expense claims
• The price of the fuel will either be on the basis of pump price at the time of fuelling or via wholesale basis using a universally accepted index
• Suppliers offer individual benefits which can be discussed with the suppliers on a case by case basis
What are the benefits of using the framework?
• CHOICE OF PROCUREMENT ROUTE
Direct award and mini-competition options to deliver the most economically advantageous outcome.
• BESPOKE SERVICE
Organisations can specify their exact needs and tailor services to get best value and 'fit'.
• IMPROVED MANAGEMENT INFORMATION
Project management information can readily be collected from suppliers to monitor overall utilisation of a framework agreement by member Trusts, together with the ability to assess overall spend data and information.
Saving opportunities via the procurement or via the benefits of the solutions.
• OJEU AVOIDANCE
A detailed procurement exercise has taken place to ensure that suppliers selected meet all legislative requirements; therefore, no formal tendering is required, saving valuable time and money in the procurement process.
List of suppliers across the entire framework
LOT 1 -
LOT 2 -
LOT 3 -
You might also be interested to find out more about our related frameworks:
For more framework agreements see our